Tuesday, March 28, 2017

First Practice!

Great first practice!  We got to know each other a little better by trying to help everyone learn names and then read through the first act.  Next week we will start off by reading the second act and then begin blocking from the beginning of the play.  I think it would be good if people can plan to stay until 5:30.  If you need to leave at 5, that's ok, but I think we could use the extra time.

Mom's who are hanging around:  Next week, can you start to brainstorm ideas for sets such as Kansas, yellow brick road and Oz. How can we cheaply and easily make some sets?  Paint sheets? Projects? Maybe create a list of items that might be helpful to gather and I can post it here so everyone can see what we'll need.  If people happen to have the items we need, that would be great.  Once we are done reading the second act, I will probably grab a few of you to just practice lines with different groups so that we can maximize practice time.

Please keep encouraging your students to learn their lines by reading the script over and over.  Some of them have their lines down and some have a LONG way to go!  We do still have time, but I have a feeling it will be here before we know it.  If they forget a line in the play, it's really not a big deal and I'll have a script and help them with it, but I would hate for someone to just struggle through the play.

We're so looking forward to the play and watching it develop over the next few weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment