I have heard back from a few of you and we will start the play at 6:30 on the 19th and 20th.
I told the kids last week that they have until May 9th to learn their lines. On the 9th, I'll just help them with lines if they need help. If kids are just sitting around at practice, feel free to grab them and go practice their lines with them! On the 9th, lets meet at 2 and go until 7. Can someone organize a potluck type dinner. Maybe sloppy joes or something easy like that? We'll do the same thing on the 16th and that will be the dress rehearsal. I'm hoping to run through it several times that day. Reece won't be able to come until after school, but he seems to have a pretty good grip on the parts. I plan to build sets on the mornings of the 9th and 16th and my husband will be around to help us figure out how to rig everything. Feel free to come help me paint and create! I really want to keep it pretty low key so we'll do what we can during the practices and then it will be what it will be! Just keep encouraging your kids to practice their lines, especially as your school work dwindles!
Thanks so much for your help each week and jump in wherever you see a need.
I can organize dinner for dress rehearsal. Would you like it on sign up genius or just post items here and everyone can say what they can bring. We need enough for 30 if we include parents?
ReplyDeleteChips (4), hotdogs (4 packages), fruit (2-watermelon/grapes), chicken salad sandwiches (1 dz.), carrot sticks (3 packages) napkins, water bottles, lemonade? and cups?, cookies and/or granola bars
I'll bring a sign up sheet to rehearsal next week as well.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI found these rainbow striped knee high socks on amazon looks like 6 paris at $21ish--so that would be less than $4 a munchkin? What do you guys think? https://www.amazon.com/Angelina-Rainbow-Striped-Non-Skid-2540-4-6/dp/B06X9XCBVZ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1493401218&sr=8-2&keywords=striped%2Bkid%2Bsocks&th=1&psc=1 (they also have size 4-6 if that would work better?)
ReplyDelete